Wednesday, January 15, 2014

YEAR 2013 FOR ME - A REFLECTION

Year 2012 ended with an elevation in my career as I was promoted as Deputy Secretary and posted in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. On 8th January, 2013, I took charge of my post in Press Information Bureau. A months later, I was deputed for six week long training in Institute of Secretariat Training and Management and got a chance to visit Hong Kong, Manila(Philippines), Malaysia and Singapore. New friends added in my list both here in Delhi and abroad. But before, I joined back my office, something had already happened which affected me. In April, 2013 I went Port Blair alone to attend the last rite of my mother who expired on 8th July, 2012. My daughter completed her BHMS and opened her Clinic. I applied for long leave primarily to spend some time with my father and assist my daughter in her new venture but the leave was turned down. On 9 July I joined main secretariat of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting but on the next day my father expired.  This was the greatest shock for me. I could not spend time with him as I had promised him in April. My mother-in-law was also not well so I had to send my wife and daughter to Ranchi in August, 2013 to see her but  barely after some weeks she too left this world.  In the meantime, my boss had changed. Health of mine and my wife was too not well.  Inspite of all this, I tried to concentrate on my work but some how I could not make good equation with new boss.  I became frustrated and with some intuition suddenly decided to proceed on leave. I applied for leave upto 30th June, 2014 which was duly sanctioned to me by the Ministry but at the end of leave, I was asked to join CS Division of Department of Personnel and Training for further posting. My mind was gripped with some sort of anxiety which I cannot explain in words.  To divert my attention, I joined Acupressure Course which I completed but I went on loosing peace of my find. Another sad news came in October, 2013. My wife's grand mother too expired after a long suffering. In the meantime my friends were insisting me that I should cancel my leave and join back office but some force pulled me back. After a lot of prayer and meditation, I was just thinking to join back if I could get a transfer to some other Ministry/Department but it did not happen. In December, 2013 some more death took place.  In Delhi, one of my distantly related uncle and Mrs. Flora Xess with whom I had good family relations expired.  Lastly my cousin's wife Asha Elisha also died. Asha was a girl from my neighborhood in my village at Andaman. Her father is close friend of mine. It was my mother who had arranged marriage of her with my cousin Philmon. I was present in their marriage ceremony.  Inspite of all these incidents, I was just thinking to join back office by curtailing leave and in the meantime one of my friend and colleage called me over phone and asked me to join back Ministry of Information and Broadcasting again.  Considering his advise, I gave my joining report on 6th January, 2014 and is waiting for a posting till now when I am writing this post. Many people consider No. 13 as inauspicious but can't say whether it was auspicious and inauspicious the year 2013 was for me. Only the time to come can explain this. On New Year day, I attended mass and thanked God, the Almighty for every thing good or bad and prayed that he grants me strength to go ahead believing in his words " I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you sould go;I will counsel you with My eye upon you.(Psalms 32:8). Praise the Lord Jesus Christ..Alleluia...Alleluia....Alleluia. Amen.

No comments: