Saturday, June 14, 2014

Last Rite of my Father

  On April 22, 2013 I went Port Blair to attend the last rite of beloved mother. Shortly after this, my father Nicholas Barla too followed her on 10th July, 2013. In every community, it customary to perform the last rite after the death. The ceremony was fixed for 22nd May, 2014. I and my cousin Priest travelled to Port Blair together on 19th May and reached home on 20th May, 2014. On the next day I, my cousin Tej and niece Sr. Neel Prabha went to cemetery and lighted candles for my father Nicholas, mother Carmela, Jacinta(my elder brother's first wife) and Avinash my nephew. It was raining there but on 22nd May, 2014 raining stopped and everything went very well.  The Holy Mass was celebrated by Fr. Tej Prakash Bara, my cousin who is a Priest in Lucknow diocese.  My youngest brother Fr. Zacharias Barla who is Priest in Port Blair diocese concelebrated. As per tradition rice bear and meals were served to all those who had gathered for the ceremony.
 
 
It was nice experience that both my parents left for heaven with peace. I missed both of them very much this time. My brothers live together as they were doing so before death of parent. For quite long I have been feeling disturbed but after the Holy Mass peace prevailed in my heart and mind. I keep remembering them both and pray that both of them enjoy the company of Jesus in heaven and intercede for all of us on this earth. I am happy in a way  that their worldly journey is complete. They have no longer, pain, hunger and worries of this worldly life.


No comments: